Faux leather, also sometimes referred to as PU (polyurethane leather) has become more popularly known as vegan leather. It's man-made and designed to look and feel like real leather. Like real leather products, a product may be wholly created with faux leather, or partially (such as the outside of the bag, with a different interior).
It's important to take care of faux leather bags to help them maintain the shape, color and condition.
Things to Avoid:
- Extreme heat/direct sunlight - this can cause discoloration or deformation
- Excessive liquids - this can cause discoloration or damage to the material
- Chemicals - this can cause discoloration, deformation or damage to the material
- Sharp objects - sharp objects can scratch or poke the surface (or interior) and may be irreversible
Important: Before following these steps, test the mixture on a small, hidden area of the surface (like the interior of the bag strap). Make sure there is no discoloration or other reactions before cleaning further.
1. Gently clean any stains with a mixture of water and a small amount of mild soap. Use a non-abrasive cloth to gently wipe away the stain.
2. If the stain is deep, try a mixture of water and a small amount of vinegar.
3. Let the bag dry completely.
1. To get rid of crumbs or loose bits, simply turn your bag upside down and gently shake.
2. Follow the steps above in 'Exterior' to clean any stains.
Tips to keep your inner bag clean:
- Use a makeup pouch for makeup to avoid accidental makeup stains
- Cover pens to ensure they don't leave marks on the inside
- Clean out the inside regularly to ensure items that may eventually leave stains or smells are removed
For any other questions - feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.